TIP 52: Contractor role for DAO Growth Coordinator
Jul 2023 · sap
## Vote Type
Token holder DAO Snapshot with a 7-day vote period.
## DAO-elected Sponsors
@ben @JohnPackel @Eastban @Vict0r
* 7 days for comment / discussion on this proposal
* Token holder DAO Snapshot with a 7-day vote period
This proposal is a request to the Threshold DAO to fund a Growth Coordinator role for the purpose of growing the adoption of Threshold projects.
This proposal recommends Sap as the candidate for this role. Sap’s current roles on the Integrations Guild and Treasury Guild uniquely position them at the core intersection of Threshold Growth - ecosystem relationships and DAO finances.
The purpose of this proposal is not to replace current initiatives of the community, rather, to augment and support them.
With the successful launch of tBTC, and the upcoming launch of the thUSD and TACo products, the timing has never been better to grow tBTC usability and adoption.
For this reason, a concerted business development effort has never been more appropriate.
The intention of this role is to increase DAO bandwidth in the following areas:
**1. Liquidity Strategy**
The DAO has recently massively increased the number of tBTC pools across multiple DEXs on EVM L2s, with Solana and Base to follow shortly. In addition, the T token itself is required on L2s in order to incentivize key pools.
thUSD is approaching launch, at which point a similar strategy will be required.
The deployment, management of associated relationships, liquidity incentivization and performance reporting for the numerous pools require significant attention and coordination.
**2. Ecosystem Integrations**
Diverse use cases for tBTC and Threshold products are required to drive adoption, although relationship development takes time. Currently, the attention of the Integrations Guild is divided between essential DAO operational tasks and outreach, and would benefit from a dedicated position to manage relationships.
**3. Documentation and UX**
As we scale and our product user base grows, documentation related to tBTC use cases and deployment options becomes increasingly important. Those involved on the front line of protocol integrations are well positioned to create documentation of this nature and to participate in DAO efforts to deploy UX improvements, such as a tBTC use cases dashboard.
The scope of this role will be a 30-hour/week Growth Lead role at Threshold DAO, remunerated at the DAO’s contractor rate of $85/h.
The position will have the following responsibilities:
* Manage tBTC pool and incentives deployment across new chains.
* Collaborate with DEX launch partners.
* Deploy, monitor and report liquidity incentives and performance.
* Manage T token deployment across multiple chains.
* Establish an incentives budget and ratify it with the Treasury Guild.
* Assist DAO decision-making to deploy pools and POL.
* Develop and deploy a thUSD liquidity strategy.
* Create new relationships and opportunities for the Threshold product suite.
* Lead protocol onboarding of Threshold products.
* Coordinate with the Marketing Guild to amplify and promote new integrations.
* Manage and maintain ecosystem relationships.
* Write outbound governance proposals for key tBTC integrations.
* Sponsor and support interested protocols to seek partnerships via the forum.
* Collaborate with the Marketing Guild to amplify integration efforts.
**Documentation and UX**
* Collect and maintain a list of live tBTC integrations and pools.
* Write documentation to collate key DAO metadata, integrations and pools.
* Support DAO UX improvement initiatives, such as tBTC integration's public dashboard.
* Update and maintain tBTC, thUSD and T token registries and lists.
## Oversight & Review
The Growth Coordinator role will operate under the oversight of the Threshold Treasury Guild (TTG). The position and performance will be reviewed on a quarterly basis by the TTG, upon delivery of a self-evaluation to the committee.
It was determined that volume-based KPI metrics don’t necessarily align to ideal DAO outcomes. Quality relationships are preferred over a quantity of low-value relationships, and governance cycles differ from protocol to protocol.
Therefore, the performance of this position will be determined based on committee review of a self reported quarterly summary of work achieved, based on the scope listed above.
Key areas of assessment will be:
* Successful deployment of tBTC liquidity across new chains.
* Successful bridging of T token to new chains.
* Successful deployment of T incentives to key pools.
* Weekly liquidity and incentives performance reporting to Threshold Treasury Guild.
* Proactive, quality, relationship development.
* Ongoing relationship and integration management with DAO partners.
* Coordination between DAO guilds and other growth initiatives.
We recommend that Threshold DAO contract with Sap for a 6-month renewable period working 30 hours/week at a rate of $85 USD per hour.
Sap will waive their current compensation for the Integrations Guild and Treasury Guild but will maintain their seat on both committees.
### Why Sap
Sap has demonstrated the required motivation, capacity and experience to deliver excellent results in this role, as demonstrated by the development of the L2 liquidity and incentives strategy.
Sap actively participates in the Threshold community, operations and governance and is a trusted member of the DAO.
Sap has several years’ experience in project management and business development from their time in the industry. Furthermore, Sap’s DeFi expertise lends sufficient technical literacy to communicate clearly with potential partners.
Sap has soft skills, such as communication, project management, and creative problem-solving, that allow them to work independently and effectively.
Sap is an active contributor to Threshold and has thus far contributed the following to Threshold DAO:
* Elected member of Threshold Council.
* Elected member of Threshold Treasury Guild.
* Elected member of Threshold Integrations Guild.
* Delivered FY22 Threshold DAO financial reconciliation and reporting.
* Manages current liquidity incentives deployment.
* Reports on tBTC liquidity growth.
* Coordinated liquidity strategy between Treasury Guild and ecosystem partners.
* Successfully launched tBTC incentives on Balancer and Curve on Optimism and Arbitrum.
* Assisted liquidity deployment and incentivisation of DEXs such as Velodrome, Chronos, KyberSwap and QuickSwap.
* Responsible for Beefy finance integration.
* Participated in integrations such as Arrakis, Gamma and Harvest.
* Threshold Guardian.